Naturally, a lot of people (both men and women) are fond of sleeping with their pants/underwear on. As much as there’s nothing wrong with it, yet, sleeping without underwear has a lot of health benefits that many people don’t know about.
Studies have shown that sleeping without underwear is an easy way to keep your skin temperature down without changing the room’s temperature. Also, it helps you to stay cool throughout the night, and thus, this, in turn, improves your sleep quality and makes you feel less tired.
According to a study in 2018, a suggestion was made about sleeping without underwear, and it was proven that it can help you reduce the number of times you wake up in the night. This is part of its benefits as it regulates the body temperature and sensory cues.
Also, studies have shown that sleeping without underwear helps to reduce the risk of certain infections in the female reproductive part/organ. The infection includes the likes of yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis.
For women, while they discharge and produce sweat, their reproductive organ is prone to produce moisture overnight. A certain doctor, Dr. Hertha, explained that your underwear can trap that moisture, thereby, creating a breeding ground for the bad bacteria that cause certain diseases and infections (as listed earlier). Thus, the doctor advised that the area (in women) should be allowed to get some air as this helps to keep it dry and clean.
Thus, according to Healthline, below are the general health of sleeping without underwear (in support of the explanation made above):
1. It helps you fall asleep faster as it increases comfort
2. It gives you better sleep quality since your temperature will be regulated
3. Keeps skin healthy (from infections as stated earlier) and soothes acne
4. Reduce stress and anxiety
5. Prevent weight gain – helps to burn down calories since you will get quality sleep. Studies have shown that sleeping well enough helps in weight loss (naturally).
6. Lower the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes
7. Promote the health of the female reproductive organ and allows the area to breathe
8. It helps to relieve dampness
This applies to both men and women.