“According to webmd.com”, bleeding after intercourse is a serious issue that many women need to pay attention to. While female organ bleeding after intercourse can be scary, it’s also fairly widespread. It affects some per cent of menstruating women. There’s probably no cause for concern. But it can also result from an infection. In rare cases, it’s a sign of cervical cancer. That is why all women need to be careful about this.
Studies have shown that different things can cause bleeding after intercourse. Some of them include;
1. Cervical inflammation, or cervicitis
This is one of the causes of this scenario. It can arise because of a sexually transmitted infection that you need to get treated, like chlamydia or gonorrhoea. Both types of cervical inflammation can cause bleeding after intercourse. All women should watch out for its signs.
2. Cervical polyps
This is also another cause of bleeding after intercourse. They often appear on your cervix where it connects to the female organ. Most aren’t cancerous. Your doctor can remove them during an appointment. All women should take note of this.
Other causes of bleeding after intercourse include;
4. Friction during intercourse or not enough lubrication
5. Normal uterine bleeding if you’re just beginning your period or if it’s just ended
6. A cervical or female organ infection
7. A precancerous cervical spot
8. Dryness caused by breastfeeding, childbirth, touching, menopause, etc can lead to female organ dryness.
Some of the ways to treat bleeding after intercourse include;
Female organ lubricants and moisturizers.
Treatment for sexually transmitted infections.
Cervical cancer treatment (surgery, chemotherapy, or radiation).
All women should take note of these tips.